Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Games Games Games

Well as usual I should be doing a thousand other things, but I've been investing 
a massive amount of time in my favorite online hobby - Youplay.it . Youplay.it is a totally free website where you can play the classic turn-based wargames BLUE MAX (a WWI airplane battle game) and Wooden Ships and Iron Men Fleet battles in the age of sail. Both games are really addicting.

Here's a brief summary: Blue Max


My oldest has taken an interest in the game so I pulled out my old boardgame and we've been learning.

Anyway the online version is a faithful recreation of the board game. Players log on and record their moves. Once all the players in a game have done their move orders the site calculates the movements, rolls the damage dice and resolves combat for the round. It's really a great way to play - blows cyberboard out of the water!

Wooden Ships is an old Avalon Hill title that I never really played before, but I knew it was well thought of by the game's fans. Youplay has made this game very playable by taking over all the tedious record keeping. Another winner.

Game geeks out there? log on and lets battle. www.youplay.it user: moonglum01


3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Man.
Don't let your blog die out. (I should send you the link to my (near "dead as well") pro-boards site (100% game oriented) you might get a kick out of it.
Do you do any RPGing? or are you strictly a tactical man?
Gimme a holler "M.G." don't fade away.
AND chaos/discordance can be a good/healthy thing(even when subconciousy self created).
It keeps us on our toes,alert and provides obstacles that some of us require to be in top form.

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that I am at my best when things are in "crisis mode". It gives me a chance to shine. When my enviroment becomes mundane, I become mundane.
I can't have that.
So as selfish as it may seem to some, I find your "I thrive on chaos" theory a pretty sound one.
Now tell me what if any ships you "Need".
(A&A "the land-game"; I also have "piles" of so if you have any interest in that, let me know.)
See ya over Verdun mate.
Robert (FENRIS).

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hoser

I'll crush you like a bug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home