Sunday, March 12, 2006

Man Bunker

So ... It seems to be many months since my last post (Well, it does say 'avoidance' in my profile) and so the world's been going on and on. Yes, the title of the blog still fits. For some bizarre reason I thought that once I finished my Masters and all the classes and papers that went with it, somehow things would be less stressful. Ha, ha ha, hahahahahahaaaa (use an insane inflection in your voice and you will get the right laugh).

I'll write about that part of my life some other time, for now it is time for the story of the, "MAN BUNKER"

The man bunker is the new name for the basement, which was until very recently a pretty standard basement - cobwebs, washer/dryer, old junk. One day I decided I needed a small piece of pegboard (that stuff with hole in it) 1' by 2' would do nicely on the wall in my AMITYVILLE HORROR room in the basement. I should take a moment to explain, I have this room in the basement, it's wood with a wood door and a dirt floor, it's been there since the house was built (1910) - it's creepy. There's a lock ok the door and a very small window on the door. The room also has the hole in the floor covered by a rusting piece of metal which I have termed, "THE PIT TO HELL" ~ adds a bit of character to the place. Anyway, back to my story...
but before I go on I should add that I found an old tiara in the pit to hell, how did it get there?? It's really old. So my solution to the whole creepy room was to paint the walls bright white, makes me feel better, like something that comes out of the pit will be more like Grim from Billy & Mandy than say a specter with a chain saw.

SOooo anyway, I went to Chase-Pitkins and I was surprised to see they were going out of business and selling everything cheap. So I bought my pegboard, but I had to by an 8' sheet (smallest I could get). I took that home and thought, "well if I have 8' of this stuff, perhaps I should build a wall out of 2x4s to hang the pegboard on. So back I went for 2x4s and more pegboard (might as well make the wall 10'). The I decided, why not build 2 walls? Then... well... I soon was in over my head. Now I have walls all over, pile of drywall, flooring, ceiling, miles of wire, ugh! I'm in for a few thousand, not counting my contractor and electrician.
- all for a $2 piece of pegboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home